Tuesday 27 January 2015

Music Theme Production

For my second assignment for audio and music for games, I had to craft three music pieces for a proposed game idea. The music pieces should fit the proposed theme. The music pieces must last for at least 1 minute to a maximum of 1 minute and 10 seconds and loop-able, I used MixCraft6 to craft my music piece. After I was done, I did some editing in Audacity to finish it. 

Game Idea:
Theme: Fantasy Fighting
Set in a fantasy world, the players control the main character and navigate through his village to seek the dragon that killed his brother. Along the way, he has to defeat monsters in order to reach the dragon which has set up its nest in the forest. The main character finally reaches the nest and has a final face off with the dragon.

Music:
Level 1: I made it sound peaceful and calming as the music will be used at the main character’s village. As the scene is peaceful, the music does not have any loud sounds.



Level 2: It is used as the battle music played when the main character is in combat with monsters. As there are actions about to take place, I composed the music with several lively loops to make it feel energetic.



Level 3: This music is for the final battle against the dragon. I tried to make the music sound epic and full of loud loops to build up the hype and anticipation as well as to get players more pumped up.



No comments:

Post a Comment